Saturday, June 12, 2010

popcorn balls and sprinkler fun


Summertime has arrived! For the first time, I am experiencing the joy of summer that comes with school-aged kiddos because our oldest just completed Kindergarten. Because I am "one of those" that finds comfort in planning and organization, I have all kinds of plans for the girls this summer. :) We started on the list a few days ago and here are some pictures from our fun...

One of our projects is cooking together! Both of the girls love being in the kitchen helping me, so I thought it would be fun to find some recipes they could cook up together with little help (but lots of supervision!) from Mommy. We started with popcorn balls - a recipe I stumbled across HERE on a blog that I love! We improvised a little, and the girls loved making these!


Another part of our summer plan is to spend a lot of time outdoors. We bought a new sprinkler-toy-thingy a few days ago and the girls could not wait to play with it! (amazing how much fun $10 can get you) I'm not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but the girls enjoyed their new form of entertainment in the rain! Afterall, they were going to get wet anyways, right? I'm sure this new gadget will be used a lot this summer...



Happy Summertime!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow.... tell the girls their popcorn balls look as good to eat as the caramel popcorn did!! The sprinkler "thingy" looked like a lot of fun for them. You are a great mom and your girls will have many wonderful memories of growing up. Love you all, AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun my mom got us the Paula Deen children's cookbook but we have not tried it yet. We need to. A sprinkler sounds fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wet and ready! Just gotta get me in the bushes with the one in the swimmer she will be super sore but also so satisfied and happy

    ReplyDelete