Thursday, November 11, 2010

moving, moving, moving!

When we moved to our new Kentucky town back in February, we decided to rent a small home until we found the area of town we really wanted to live in. God has taught me so much about contentment and living on less while we've been here. Many of those "teaching moments" have come while we formed a waiting line outside the one bathroom door we've been sharing. It's been helpful to read this book...
...while on this journey. Although there seems to be a little controversy surrounding this book, I personally am a big fan and have been convicted and encouraged by it!

None the less, the time has come for us to say good-bye to our first Kentucky home and claim our residence elsewhere in this town. God's goodness has once again reigned true and He has provided us with a home that is beyond what we could've hoped for! His faithful provision has trumped my days of fretting about where we were going to move our family of four...soon to be FIVE!

Because the big move is happening this weekend, and I had to spend last weekend in Chicago, we are doing Addie's birthday celebration a little different this year. Just a glimpse of some of my favorite past birthday celebrations for Addie...

The Purple Party!
Everything was purple - the decorations, the cake, the ice cream, even the clothes the guests wore!


The Hayride/Bonfire Party!





The Play-Doh Party!





We traded (at her request!) the traditional birthday party for a Friday evening on the town that includes her restaurant of choice and a visit to Build-A-Bear. The night will end with the fulfillment of her 7th birthday wish...PIERCED EARS! The big night is tomorrow so I'll report back soon with pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm reading Radical right now too! A friend of mine from college went to seminary with David and Stuart is going through it too & suggested it. I agree. I was telling a friend about it the other day and she said she'd been told it was 'rough'...but I disagree. I love it!

    ReplyDelete