Wednesday, October 24, 2012

super easy costume idea

A glimpse at one of our super quick, easy and embarrassingly cheap costumes this year...


*COTTON CANDY*





Seriously, this was the easiest costume I've ever made!  You really only need 4 things - an old XL t-shirt, poly-fill, spray paint and a piece of white poster board.

I think the directions are pretty self explanatory, but just in case...
I cut off the sleeves of an old white t-shirt, hot glued the poly-fill all over it and spray painted the whole thing.  Then I rolled up a piece of poster board to make a cone, glued it together and stapled a piece of elastic to it. I wasn't kidding, was I? Easiest costume...

On Monday night, we decided to go to BooFest at one of the local parks about 3 hours before it started, so the final touches on the costume were done rather quickly.  Before next week, I'll add a little poly-fil around the bottom of the "hat" and do some touch-up with her fluff!  

Ellee wanted to be a princess, so we threw something together quickly for her to wear on Monday.  As you can see, she's a princess sans a crown!  Our dress-up clothes are still MIA from our temporary move, but she didn't mind too much.  Apparently wearing make-up trumps wearing a crown for a 6 year old girl!  

Although Ellee made a beautiful princess, she'll be sporting something a tad different next week...purple cotton candy!!  After all the attention Addie got, Ellee decided she wanted in on the fun, too.  Addie received tons of compliments and even had several people take pictures of her.   

Now if I could only convince Lee that it would be ok for Sam to go as cotton candy, too.  Apparently it's not "masculine enough."  I'd let him be blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment