Sunday, September 23, 2012

praying for my husband

Not long after Lee and I got married, I was given a list of specific ways wives can pray for their husbands.  My commitment to praying through this list has been somewhat sporadic over the years, but the Lord has brought me back to this lately as He has shown me the importance of praying for my husband - especially in his new role.  I wanted to share some of the things on the list as a way to encourage other wives to be faithful in praying for their man...

1.  Show me how to demonstrate a reverent spirit to my husband and honor him as the head of our home.  1 Peter 3:2
2.  Show me how to demonstrate a grateful spirit toward my husband for how he has benefitted my life.  1 Thessalonians 5:18

3.  Remind me daily of loving ways that I can serve my husband to help him be successful in all his roles.  Mark 10:44
4.  Pour out Your grace on me, and enable me to have a meek and quiet spirit that can only come from You.  1 Peter 3:1-6

5.  May my husband be a man, according to Your will, that loves You with all his heart, soul, mind and strength, and may he love his neighbor as himself.  Mark 12:29-30

6.  I pray that I will love him with an abiding, faithful love as long as we live and that he would dwell with me according to knowledge, understanding how God created me as a woman.  Ephesians 5:25-31; 1 Peter 3:7
7.  Lord, make my husband a mighty man of valor, one prudent in speech, a man of whom others would say,"...the Lord is with him." 1 Samuel 16:18

8.  Let him be like Daniel, a man who would not defile himself with what the world offered, and that he would hate evil and not desire that which is forbidden.  Daniel 1:8; Colossians 3:15

9.  Grant my husband favor and compassion in the sight of those in authority over him.  Daniel 1:9
10.  Father, please keep Your hedge of protection around him today, keeping him from the strange woman and give him the grace to make and keep a covenant with his eyes and I pray that I would meet his needs spiritually, emotionally, and physically.  Job 1:10, 31:1; Proverbs 7; 1 Corinthians 7:1-6

11.  Give him wisdom in managing finances, and remind him to be faithful in giving to the Lord and others.  1 Timothy 5:8, 6:10; 2 Corinthians 9:7

12.  Help him to open his mouth "to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel." Ephesians 6:19
13.  May I be an encouragement to him daily, and bless him with Your peace.  Hebrews 3:13; Philippians 4:7

14.  Father, may he not walk in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of the scornful.  May he delight in the law of the Lord and meditate on it day and night.  May he be like a tree that is planted by the stream, one in which the leaves will not wither and may he prosper in whatever he does.  Psalm 1:1-3

***************************

No comments:

Post a Comment