Sunday, May 9, 2010

a new name

There have been a few times in life that I have received a new name and have been forever changed because of it.

One of the most obvious times is when I married my amazing hubby. On a hot summer afternoon in August of 2001, I took his last name as my own and we began this amazing journey together!

Another time that I received a new name is the most significant name change that anyone can experience. This is when I received the new name of "righteous." God's Word teaches that He (God) made Jesus, who knew no sin, to become sin so that we may become the righteousness of God. Although I was once an orphan, God adopted me into His family through repentance of sin and faith in Christ and now I've been given a new name - a child of God!

The most recent new name I've been given, and the one that's celebrated today on Mother's Day, is the sweet name "Mommy." I'm am thankful the Lord has allowed me to experience Mommy-hood with my two beautiful girls. My girls bring me more joy, excitement, love, tears and frustration than I thought people under three feet tall could bring! The depth of love I have for those girls is indescribable with our limited words. Because we are celebrating mothers today, I not only wanted to share some of my favorite pictures of those that make me "Mommy" but I also wanted to share some of the one I call Mom and best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment