Tuesday, July 13, 2010

youth camp!!

Last week, my hubby and I loaded a bus with 50 middle school and high school kiddos and headed east for youth camp! Summer youth camp has always been one of my favorite events of youth ministry, and this year was no exception. Although I admit that the lack of sleep and excessive amount of yelling wears a person down, it's all worth it for the opportunity to get to know the students the way you do sharing a room with them for 5 nights! Here are a few pictures that capture some of the fun the week brought us...









Even though we were having a blast with our students, by the end of the week, I admit that we were tired and ready to see our girls!

*****************************************

If you thought for a moment that our girls were sad and missing their mommy and daddy, think again!! I keep telling myself that they really did miss us, but it's hard to believe this since they were having their own fun-filled week with Grandpa and Mimi in Georgia. The girls had days filled with swimming, painting, exploring and new adventures! I must confess that I'm a wee bit jealous that I missed out on some of the thrills, but I cannot explain the joy I have knowing the girls were so happy - even away from home.

They spent a lot of time swimming...




They had their fingernails and toenails done by a "professional" - something they had never done before...




The girls painted birdhouses with Grandpa...



Mimi took the girls to paint pottery...



She also took them to Savannah for an adventure at an aquarium and the mall. Aunt Joyce and cousin Eason joined in the fun...






It's safe to say the girls had a super fabulous time while we were away!


If a picture paints a thousand words, then I'd say this portrait testifies to a week full of fun, laughter and adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment