Thursday, March 3, 2011

oh happy day

Last Sunday was such a happy day when Lee baptized our Addie girl. My heart was just bursting with joy and thanksgiving to the Lord for the sweet site of my husband and my daughter together. Simply indescribable! Here are some pictures from the day...

Addie talking with our pastor on Sunday morning. I adore this smile...



With Daddy and Mommy after getting "robed" up...



Thank you Jesus...






It was truly a happy day that our family was able to share with us...


*******************************


Today was also such a happy day thanks to a treat from these guys...

I don't typically (ok, I don't ever!) stand at the front door and wait on FedEx to arrive. Today was an exception! Earlier in the week, I was told by our social worker in Michigan that we would be receiving a package on Thursday with pictures and a video of Sam! What?!? A video?? I had no idea this was even a possibility!!

But yes, right on schedule, the FedEx lady showed up this afternoon and delivered a priceless package. I immediately summoned Lee home from work because we had promised each other to wait and watch it together. I moved from my watch-post at the front door to my watch-post at the back as I waited for Lee to get home.

While we waited, the girls took advantage of the beautiful happy day and set up some sort of fort outside with their umbrellas...


Oh how I wish I could share the video and pictures with you, but I can't - at least not yet! Trust me though - Sam is amazing! We are completely in love with the little guy! It was so incredible seeing him in action. We saw him playing, rolling over, crawling, smiling and crying! All records indicate that he is perfectly healthy which we praise God for.

Although I am beyond thankful for the unexpected treat we received today, I admit that it makes the waiting even more difficult. We kept saying to each other over and over again, "We just want to hold him." What an amazingly happy day that will be!!

*******************************


Just a quick side note. There is one thing that has hindered these happy days of late. Well at least the last 3 days. For some crazy reason I made a deal with my parents that I would give up something very dear to me for the month of March. I'm not sure why I ever agreed to it, but I did. For some, this would be no big deal. Unfortunately, for me it is. Apparently I've developed a slight addiction over the past few years. Who knew?!? I blame Sonic's happy hour and McDonald's $1 drinks. Yes, I gave this dear friend up...

There has been no sweet, just sorrow, to our parting...

1 comment:

  1. Bethany just asked Jesus to come into her heart tonight too! PTL!!!!! We are so excited for your growing family too.

    Donetta

    ReplyDelete