Tuesday, October 5, 2010

random things of late...

A glimpse of some random things we've been up to lately...

The girls started gymnastics a few weeks ago. They are loving it and they remind me of myself during my "I wanna be Mary Lou Retton" days! With a great amount of humility I'll share a picture of myself during those days...


Wow...doesn't the hair cut say it all?! I was convinced that I was olympic bound! Moving on to more adorable girls...


{addie}
{ellee}

{addie}
{ellee}
**************************

In addition to perfecting cartwheels, we've been up to our ears in the seasonal wardrobe change. Some of you know exactly what I'm talking about! When the seasons change, into our storage unit I go and pull out plastic tubs full of the girls' clothes. The amazing fall weather we've had was my signal to let the fun begin (insert a large amount of sarcasm). I gathered up all the boxes and our den turned into a war zone. I began sorting thru the clothes to find the ones the girls can wear for the upcoming season and put away the ones they can't. Once we went thru the tortuous process of trying everything on, I spent the next few days washing clothes that had been stored.

**************************

I did find a little time to make some sourdough bread...


**************************

We have a very exciting weekend coming up! Our family is going on a little adventure and doing something we've never done before. It involves this little contraption that's set up in our back yard...


Yep, we are headed out of town on Friday to try our hand at camping! And as the girls say, "It's real camping cause we're sleeping in a tent and cooking over fire!" I'm very excited but also a little apprehensive. I trust that Lee has everything under control and thankfully we're going with some dear friends who have a few camping experiences under their belt. Can't wait to share how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures! Camping is an "experience" the 1st time - but it is a lot of fun!! Hugs & love to all. A Joyce

    ReplyDelete